Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Things Are Starting to Come Together

After I finished that long list of wedding tasks last weekend, I needed a little break from the wedding (not that that is really possible, but in terms of projects I took a break).  I have my second fitting this weekend, and possibly our last (or second to last) dance lesson, so it's starting to sink in that the wedding is getting pretty close.  I've continued to stalk the non-RSVPing guests, and I've gotten replies from most of them, but a few maybes are still lingering.  Once we get the final count, the next step will be place cards.  Other than designing and printing the place cards, everything else that is left really is just a matter of planning and organizing.

I've been working on table assignments, timelines, vendor contacts, etc.  I've also been trying to set up instructions to assist my mom's friend in setting up the cocktail hour/ceremony.  Look at my crazy precise little diagrams:

Below is a picture of what's going to be on the tables at cocktail hour. It's silver floating candles in a shallow vase with clear stones & pink gems on the bottom.

Then, on the outdoor tables at cocktail hour, we'll have the same shallow vases, but filled with a mix of pink and black candles (we couldn't find any gray floating candles).

2 comments:

Ina said...

so pretty. love the centerpieces. that is such a GREAT idea to do the diagrams. that'll really ensure things are set up right. haha i wish i had thought to do that!

Tova said...

i love your diagrams- you are definitely a planner after my own heart!